Seasonal allergies appear due to pollen from the trees, flowers or weeds, or because of some substances in the air. They occur on certain times in a year and the symptoms are itchy skin, runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing. In order to find out what is the cause of your allergies you could make skin tests in order to find the treatments that can relieve your symptoms.
Even though a cure for allergies hasn’t been found yet, you can still find medications available. The most efficient ones are the decongestants, antihistamines, herbal supplements and so on. Besides the medication, you can also apply some other interesting techniques related to your daily routine or some natural remedies.
Herbal supplements are proven to give a relief and help the allergy symptoms by blocking the chemical reactions. They are available in drugstores and come in capsules, tablets, or liquids. The antihistamines are also very helpful and they work by stopping the receptors causing inflammation. Histamine is a helpful substance, but when you are having an allergic reaction the best thing to do is to block its effects.
The decongestants loosens nasal congestion but you should be careful not to become dependent on these medicines, otherwise, your nose will get worse.
One of the most practical methods to relieve allergies is to discover those things that make you feel bad and reduce the exposure to them. This method is very effective and it is practically inexpensive.
Some other tips that can help you are:
- stay indoors on days with dry and windy weather.
- keep your windows closed to prevent pollen from entering your house.
- remove clothes that you wore outside and take a shower to eliminate the pollen from your skin and hair.
- protect your eyes and wear sunglasses to reduce the quantity of pollen coming into the eyes
- don’t hang laundry outside
- clean your house and get an air purifier. According to the honeywell hpa300 purifier ratings, this unit can be a great choice for those who want to remove dust, pollen, pet dander, and mold spores from the air.
- buy natural cleaning products that aren’t toxic for your health
You should make sure that your immune system functions well and it is able to defeat your allergies. In order to do so, you can help your organism with some vitamin C or natural ingredients such as garlic, ginger, spinach or broccoli. Another thing you can do is to make several changes related to the nutrition by eating a healthy anti-oxidant diet. You can also consume honey, apple cider vinegar, organic oregano oil or nettle leaf in order to make you feel better.